The GreaterGood group develops the sector for social change by facilitating the full spectrum of giving and social investment in South Africa. GreaterGood South Africa is a public service organisation connecting givers with good causes and activating the public to give responsibly. We do this with:
- An online community for givers and causes – myggsa.co.za
- Resources and support for civil society organisations on thefundingsite.co.za
- Public call-to-action campaigns: Gifts4Good, Make Christmas Matter and Do It Day.
- News, advice, debate and thought leadership in our newsletters, blogs and in the media.
- Social investment opportunities listed on the SA Social Investment Exchange (SASIX) – sasix.co.za
- Strategy development
- Social investment identification and due diligence
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Grant or fund management and administration
- Research and impact analysis
- Employee engagement advisory services
- CSI response handling and administration
Our achievementsSince it was started in 2004, the GreaterGood group has grown rapidly from a fledgling social enterprise into a major player in the South African development and corporate social investment field. Voted one of the Top 10 most trusted non profits in South Africa, GreaterGood has earned its reputation through:
- Raising more than R54.4 million directly for good causes and advising on the investment of over R800 million into social projects and enterprises.
- The creation of one of the world’s first social investment exchanges (SASIX).
- Developing an impact investing advocacy network (SAII) to promote the field of social and environmental impact investment.
- An online community connecting 1,360 non profits with 10,000 registered individual givers and 12,000 newsletter subscribers Benchmarked and tested due diligence tools
- The design of employee engagement programmes for over 15 corporate clients, generating 159,000 hours of skills and time
- Social investment advice to over 100 of South Africa’s top companies, international development agencies and civil society organisations.
- An award-winning Socially Responsible Investment joint venture with Cadiz Asset Management.
- Facilitating the distribution of over 8.6 million second hand and surplus goods to causes.
Our preferred futureA vibrant culture of responsible giving and social investment in South Africa where communities are sustainably developed by a professional and well-resourced civil society, supported by engaged and committed individual and corporate citizens. As leaders in the social change sector, the GreaterGood group facilitates connections and partnerships between social investors of all kinds and development organisations working to end poverty in South Africa, for good.
Our theory of change
- We believe everyone has something to give. From a child with their spare time to donate to pension fund advisors managing millions, there is a way for every South African to get involved in the development of their country.
- We encourage people to connect, take action and invest in social change.
- We provide comprehensive, thoughtful and professional solutions to the world`s most pressing social problems.
- We focus on results seeking out opportunities that will have a measurable, life-changing impact on people and their communities.
- We are innovation leaders, developing new tools for responsible giving and social investment.
- We advocate for sustainable, ground-up social change.